The Zealot Mission Description
You will receive "The Zealot" Mission in zone: Ranger HQ from The Patriarch.
This is Primary Mission with recommended Level 9.
Valor Buchanan, the Patriarch's younger son, has allied himself with the Gippers in Denver. The Reagan fanatics have cut off the oil supply for Colorado Springs, and the Patriarch wants both his son and the oil back.
Travel to Denver.
Travel to the ruins of Denver and locate Valor Buchanan.
Extract Valor Buchanan from The Western Whitehouse in The Denver Ruins.
We need to find a way to get Valor away from the Gippers.
After a show trial involving a Godfisher and a robot, the Gippers invited us into their stronghold for an audience with "Reagan."
Mother Nancy Reliance says she will release her claim on Valor if we can locate a Cybernetic Transfer Module from the Machine Commune at the Denver Airport and turn it over to the Gippers.
Return to The Patriarch at his Palace in Colorado Springs
Valor is in our custody. We need to head to the Patriarch's palace and let him know.
Map of starting location for The Zealot
The Zealot Walkthrough
You will receive The Zealot mission at the beginning of the game, but it will take some time to complete it. This is one of the Main Story Missions.
There is more than one way to accomplish this mission, but I will present to you the version that seems optimal to me and meets the following conditions:
What goals do we want to achieve by fulfilling The Zealot mission?
- The Patriarch is to be satisfied with the results of the mission in the end.
- We are to capture (arrest) Valor Buchanan without killing him.
- Keep the oil supplies for Colorado - that is, keep the Gippers in the Denver Ruins
- Do not openly conflict with the Gippers, do not fight them or kill any of them.
- Maintain a proper relationship with Machine Commune, don't fight them or kill anyone.
To achieve the above goals, we have to:
- Be nice to the Gippers, take their cult seriously and pretend to the end that we are carrying out their plan.
- Kill the Godfishers because they are enemies of the Gippers, we do not enter into an alliance with the Godfishers.
- Be nice to the robots in Machine Commune and pretend to the end that we are carrying out their plan.
- Finally, steal "Reagan" and put him in Ranger HQ, then blackmail the Gippers and trick the Machine Commune to smooth the situation.
So what to do?
- Reach the Denver Ruins.
- Talk to Mother Nancy Reliance near the Statue of Reagan and accept the invitation to the audience.
- Meet with Mother Nancy Reliance in the Sacred Server Room and accept the Reagan Reborn mission
- Complete the Reagan Reborn Mission Reagan Reborn Mission
- During the Reagan Reborn mission, select Transfer Regan to Ranger HQ
- Arrest Valor Buchanan
- Return to Patriarch's Palace and finish the mission by talking to the Patriarch
Choices and Consequences
Any solving of this mission is accepted, because it is the main story mission and its effect cannot block the main storyline.
However, the solution given above seems optimal to me.
The consequences in the details are brought by the mission Reagan Reborn contained in The Zealot, you can read about it in the description of the mission Reagan Reborn Reagan Reborn Mission.