Core Attributes, Skills and Perks in Cyberpunk 2077
- Character Level increases with experience points earned in the game, which you get for completing tasks and other activities.
- Character Level increases statistics as health and stamina.
- Character Levels adds Attribute Points (every 3 levels) and Perk Points.
- Max level is now capped at 50.
- There are five Attributes in Cyberpunk 2077: Body, Intelligence, Reflexes, Technical Ability and Cool.
- You set the starting value of Attributes at the beginning of the game when creating your character.
- Attributes are leveled up by Attribute Points (which you get along with raising the Character Level).
- Each Attribute provide different bonuses.
- Each Attribute contains a set of Skills.
- The Attribute level determines the maximum level of Skills assigned to this attribute.
- Each Attribute has a Character Skills set (multiple skills per Atribute).
- There are 12 Skills in Cyberpunk 2077
- The maximum level of a Skill is limited by the level of the Attribute that it belongs to.
- Skills level up by performing actions using that Skill.
- Skills provide different bonuses depending on your style of play
- Perks are special abilities or upgrades that get unlocked by leveling up the related Attribute.
- Perks get activated or leveled up by Perk Point
You can change game difficulty freely during the game if the fights in the game seem too difficult or too easy for you. The difficulty level of the game does not affect the plot.
Opponents' difficulty level does not scale to your character's experience level. The various areas in the game are adjusted to specific levels of the character's experience and may not be available at the beginning of the game due to the high difficulty level of the opponents.
- Easy - The right choice for players who just want to sit back and enjoy the story. Combat will not pose a challenge.
- Normal - Enemies will have all the tools at their disposal to take V on, but primarily only enemies at a higher level will prove a challenge.
- Hard - Combat will be a substantial challenge. The effective use of Perks, cyberware, combat gadgets and consumables will be essential to survival.
- Very Hard - Buckle up for a serious challenge. Careful character development and clever use of items, game mechanics and the environment will be necessary to help V make it on the streets of Night City.
Main Character Lifepath - V Backstory
The choice of Lifepath, at the beginning of the game during character creation, does not affect the plot of the game, it sets your the starting location in Cyberpunk 2077 and different intro missions, but does not block any content in the game, only some dialogues and in-game events may take place differently.
- Nomad - Starting location for Nomad is The Badlands. Roaming the Badlands, looting scrapyards, raiding fuel depots - life on the road wasn't easy. But growing up in a nomad clan has its perks. Honesty, integrity, and a love of freedom - qualities that few in Night City possess, and no amount of money can buy.
- Streetkid - Starting location for Streetkid is Heywood. They say if you wanna understand the streets, you gotta live 'em. Gangs, fixers, dolls, small-time pushers - you were raised by them all. Down here the law of the jungle dictates the weak serve the strong - the only law in Night City you have yet to break.
- Corpo - Starting location for Corpo is City Center. Few leave the corporate world with their lives - fewer still with their souls intact. You've been there - you've bent the rules, exploited secrets and weaponized information. There's no such thing as a fair game, only winners and losers.
There are no fixed classes, you build your character by picking perks from a different skill trees so it matches your preferred style.
Street Cred is your reputation within the city. It can only rise, you cannot lose it.
Street Cred gives you access to new sellers, improves prices and access to new goods. It also gives you access to new more difficult missions.