Comes Now The Power
Workers are abandoning the town of Edgewater. Reed Tobson, Edgewater's administrator, wants to force these deserters to return to town by shutting off their power.
- Quest Type: Main Quest
- Quest Giver: Reed Tobson in Edgewater in Emerald Vale Region on Terra 2
Main Quest Starter Location
Comes Now The Power Walkthrough
The whole task related to Main Quest Comes Now The Power boils down to deciding which side you will take, whether you support Spacer's Choice (Edgewater) or Deserters (Botanical Lab). Even if your intuition tells you to redirect power to Botanical Lab, don't do it, redirect power to Edgewater. It's a better solution.
(Optional) Speak to the Vicar
Parvati wants to visit the town's Vicar. She's a little uncertain about the task Reed has set before you. The Vicar might be able to provide some moral guidance.
After talking to Vicar Max and other Edgewater residents, it seems reasonable to support the Deserters and divert power from Geothermal Plant to the Botanical Lab. But don't do it, set it up to want to redirect power to Edgewater its better solution. Either way, talk to Vicar Max to get the Companion Quest from him.
Deliver Reed's Message
Reed asked you to deliver a message to Adelaide and her deserters: come back to town, because he's cutting off their power. Adelaide and her people are camped out in the Botanical Lab, north of Edgewater.
You delivered Reed's message, but Adelaide refused to return to Edgewater.
Adelaide proposed that you divert the geothermal plant's output to the Botanical Lab, depriving Edgewater of power.
At this stage, you will not be able to convince Adelaide of a peaceful solution. Do not grant her request that divert the geothermal plant's output to the Botanical Lab
(Optional) Reprogram the Automechanicals
Chester gave you a passcode to a terminal located elsewhere in the plant. This terminal allows you to reprogram the plant's automechanicals. Changing their behavior might make getting around in the plant easier.
With all the automechanicals in the plant out of commission, there's no need to modify their behavior.
The entire Geothermal Power Plant area, both on the surface and underground, is controlled by rebellious automechanicals. You must eliminate them. You can facilitate this task in two ways. First of all, you can get help from Jeremy (whom you repaired in Junkyard - Emerald Vale), he is inside of Plant. Secondly, you can Reprogram the Automechanicals. Unfortunately, to do this you still need to get to the bottom of the Plant and talk to Chester who has the right codes. This is just an option, you don't have to do it. Full Walkthrough of Geothermal Power Plant
Jeremy will be your ally in Geothermal Power Plant
Divert Power from the Geothermal Plant
Head to the Geothermal Plant and redirect the power.
The plant's master control terminal is reporting that three switches must be activated before you can redirect power.
You activated one of the switches needed to redirect power.
You activated a second switch in the geothermal plant.
All three switches have been flipped.
You should now be able to redirect the plant's power from the master control terminal.
I strongly suggest to Redirect power to Edgewater
If you redirect power to Botanical Camp (Deserters):
- Deserters Reputation will go up
- Spacer's Choice Reputation will go down
- Adelaide can not give you Power Regulator becouse she will need it
- You have to return to Edgewater, confront Reed Tobson, persuade him or force him to give you Power Regulator, or you have to fight his guards
- Edgewater will be lost without power.
Redirect power to Edgewater (Spacer's Choice)
- Spacer's Choice Reputation will go up
- Deserters Reputation will go down
- You have to return to Botanical Lab and convince the Deserters to return to Edgewater. If you did the remaining quests for Deserters, convincing them will not be difficult.
- The only problem is Adelaide, she will return to Edgewater if you remove Reed from Edgewater. She'll tell you a secret that will help you get rid of Reed.
- Adelaide will give you Power Regulator becouse she do not need it now.
- Return to Edgewater, talk to Reed Tobson and persuade him to leave Edgewater, he will agree.
- Reed Tobson leave Edgewater
- Adelaide return to Edgewater
- Deserters return to Edgewater.
- Edgewater got now power, all are safe.
So better choice is to redirect power to Edgewater.
Convince the Deserters to Return
Now that their power is off, you should have an easier time convincing the deserters to move back.
Adelaide refused to move back. You may have more luck convincing some of the other deserters. In particular, she suggested you speak to Grace or Thomas, as the others will listen to them.
(Optional) Remove Reed from Edgewater
Adelaide refuses to return to Edgewater unless Reed is out of the picture. Her people will follow her back to town, if she returns.
Return to Adelaide
Reed has been removed from Edgewater. Return to Adelaide and tell her the news.
Comes Now The Power Ending
With Reed gone, Adelaide will undoubtedly take control of Edgewater.
Reputation after redirecting power to Edgewater
Reputation with Spacer's Choice and Deserters after redirecting power to Edgewater and all other quests done.