The Bard's Tale IV: Barrows Deep Walkthrough, Game Guide & Maps
The Bard's Tale IV:Barrows Deep Video Game Walkthrough. Bard's Tale IV Maps of dungeons, crypts and castles underneath and around Skara Brae. NPCs, party members, secrets, treasures, monsters, traps, puzzles, skills, spells, weapons locations for brave adventurers.
The Land of Caith
The Land of Caith - BTIV World Map
Skara Brae Above
Skara Brae Below
The Old Adventurers' Guild
Paladin Tavish's House
Green Lady's House
The Cellars of Kylearan's Tower
Kylearan's Tower Cellars Level 4
Kylearan's Tower Cellars Level 2
Kylearan's Tower Cellars Level 3
Kylearan's Tower Cellars Level 1
Baedish Lowlands Map
Forest of Inshriach
Starting Tips & Hints for beginning of the game.
- You can save game at Luck Stones
- Take the Highroad! Standing Stones are a quick way to jump around the world.
- Armor will block a flat amount of damage from all incoming physical attacks.
- Puzzle weapons are powerful elven artifacts that get stronger with each riddle solved.
- Some walls are cracked and weak. A chorus of Gaufain's Hammer will bring them crashing down.
- Certain attacks require a character to Focus. Breaking their Focus will interrupt that attack.
- Surprise! Ambushing a group of enemies from behind will cause their battle formation to flip.
- A Rogue's Gold Sense ability can help point you in the right direction for finding gear and gold.
- Trow mark their caches with graffiti. Look for it to find their hidden Hidey Bide caches.
- Cabbages for everyone! Eating food items will heal the whole party.
- Mastered skills can be switched at any point by looking in your Mastery Book.
- Skeatt = Money you will use in Land of Caith.
Inventory, Items, and Components
Items and Components you should collect in Inventory in The Bard's Tale IV: Barrows Deep. Grappling Hook, Master Lockpick, Dragons Bile Bomb, Caltrops, Healing Potion, Mercenary Token, Elven Weapon Shard, Daffodil Seed, Thistle Seed, Bluebell Seed, Hellebore Seed, Lily Seed, Red Colewort, Green Elfcress, Blue Witchroot and Gold Trefoil. see more ...
The Bard's Tale IV: Barrows Deep Character Creation
- Bard - use Spell Points to sing songs, provide buffs and debuffs. He is also a good fighter. He gain Spell Points and bonuses by drinking alcohol.
- Practitioner is a pure clasic magic user, he uses Spell Points to cast spells. He may become Conjurer, Magician, Sorcerer, Wizard, or Archmage.
- Fighter is a classic archetype of a Warrior. Can play the role of Tank or DPS.
- Rogue it's like DPS, it has extra skills to help you explore, like opening chests and searching for traps.
Race and Culture
- Baed - Human The Baed people are well-educated and clever. Gains 1 bonus Skill Point at level 3, 10, and 18.
- Einarr - Human These tall and powerful people have a legendary ability to hold a grudge. Each time they’re struck in combat, they gain +1 Strength for the remainder of the fight.
- Fichti - Human The Fichti are fiercely protective of their friends and family and will give their life for them if need be. Once per battle, a Fichti will absorb damage from an ally that would otherwise kill them.
- Outlander - Human Outlanders may come from a variety of cultures, but they all share one trait. The trials they faced in coming to Skara Brae have made them hardy and unflappable. They’re immune to poison, fire, and bleeding.
- Dwarf Dwarves are a stubborn and sturdy people who are almost supernaturally tenacious. Dwarves cannot be stunned, rooted, or forcibly moved.
- Elf Elves are a well-educated race with innate magical abilities. Elves have +30% Intelligence and +1 maximum Spell Points.
- Trow Ever the opportunists, the party gains one Opportunity when a Trow adventurer lands a killing blow. This may happen only once per turn.
Constitution - Your adventurer’s maximum health points.
Strength - Affects the amount of damage done by most attacks.
Armor Class - Every point of armor negates one point of incoming physical damage. Mental Damage and True Damage ignore armor.
Intelligence - Determines your Focus while channeling or using stances. This will also make some spells more powerful and dictate how well you can hold your liquor.
About The Bard's Tale IV: Barrows Deep Video Game
The Bard's Tale IV: Barrows Deep is Video Game, developed and published by inXile Entertainment inxile-entertainment.com.
Official release date for The Bard's Tale IV: Barrows Deep Video Game (DRM-free) for Windows, Mac and Linux is 18 September 2018.
The Bard's Tale IV: Barrows Deep is a single-player, party-based role-playing game (RPG). The game focuses on exploration, dynamic turn based combat, branching quests, world that reacts to your decisions with non-linear level design and diverse puzzles.
We can expect an interesting storyline of the game because well-known writer Nathan Long is responsible for it.
Also, the beautiful Gaelic music that is the frame of the game can impress because in its creation were involved such artists as Julie Fowlis and Ged Grimes.
Modern graphics and a colorful world are provided by Unreal Engine 4.
This game is spiritual successor and tribute to original Bard's Tale video game made by Interplay in 1987.
The Bard's Tale IV: Barrows Deep is set in the city of Skara Brae 150 years after the events that took place in the original game. Residents are slowly forgetting the heroes and their adventures that took place in the past. The magic was forbidden, the Adventurer's Guild was closed, its members were called outcasts, and in this way the Church of the Sword Father imagined the future of the city.
Unfortunately, evil has not died. Under the Skara Brae there are remnants of old times and ghosts of the past come with that. In the underground, the heroes gather again to go on a adventure deep into the labyrinths.
The world of The Bard's Tale IV will take you through a series of dungeons, forests, crypts and castles within, underneath, and around Skara Brae, as well as worlds beyond the lands of men - the mystical realms of Elves, Dwarves and Trow. The emphasis is on mystery, discovering new locations, and fighting your way through traps and monsters.
You will find official game page at bardstale.inxile-entertainment.com/.
Minimum System Requirements:
- Windows 7/8/8.1/10 (64 bit)
- 64-bit processor and operating system
- Processor Intel i5-4590 equivalent or greater
- Memory: 8 GB RAM
- Graphics: NVIDIA GTX 970 or AMD 290 equivalent or greater
The Bard's Tale IV: Barrows Deep Map Legend
Location a description of the location. The order of numbers is the order in which you shoud explore the map.
Exit or Entrence from location to another map.
Adventurer's Guild Your main home location. Here you can [...]
NPC - One or More Interactive NPC, having at least the ability to talk.
Standing Stones - quick way to jump around the world. You need to use Wildland Whistle (Ability Song) to activate Standing Stones
Luck Stones - they will allow you to save game, if you die you will reappear at the last Luck Stone you visited. Ancient Luck Stones are a special type of Luck Stone, you may choose to save game here or, you can instead consume it gaining Experience points.
Shrine Standing Stones of Gratitude are ancient monuments to great heroes of Skara Brae. Interact with them to gain bonus experience.
Party Member - possible member of your party if you recruit him.
NPC Quest Giver - NPC that start the quest
Item Quest Starter - item or place, not NPC that starts the quest.
Quest Items - items required to complete quests.
Vendor - Shops, here you can buy and sell weapons and equipment. There are different types of sellers.
Special Items - Like Grappling Hook, Cogs, Mercenary Tokens
Special Place [...]
Book - scrolls, documents or books
Entrance / Exit that does not require additional activities.
Key Locked Door - These doors require a specific key to open them.
Cog Locked Door - These doors require you to solve cog puzzle. Some doors required missing Cogs.
Rope Entrance - You need Grappling Hook with Rope to open this Entrance.
Weak Wall - Knock down weak stone walls with Gaufain's Hammer (Ability Song)
Burnable Barrier - Use Dragonsbile Bomb to clear way.
Movable walls and barriers
Button or switch
Closed Chest - You have to unlock it first. Requires training in Lockpick.
Open Container - this container is open, you can take its contents. The contents of crates and containers are random.
Throw's Secret Sign - Rune on the wall, here you have to use Hidey Bide (Ability Song) to reveal hidden stashes nearby.
Hidden Throw Stashes - You have to use Hidey-Bide (Ability Song) to reveal hidden stashes.
Code Wheel Offering
Place Elven Weapon
Herbs - Collect herbs for Crafting. There are [...]
Stone Remembers - you have to use The Stone Remembers Song here to rebuild structure. It also reset block puzzles.
Monsters Solo monster or group of monsters.
Boss Monster Here you will find a monster that is stronger than the other enemies surrounding you on this level.
All your comments, suggestions and corrections are very welcome. Your experience helps other players. We invite you to add comments, thank you.