Site News for game-maps.com
The CRPG Book Project - great, free, fanmade book about history of RPG video game genre.
February 8, 2018
"Across its 528 pages you'll find information about over 400 RPGs, from the early PLATO games to modern AAA releases, as well as hidden gems, curiosities and even fan-translations. The reviews were written by a team of 112 volunteers from all around the globe - fans, modders, journalists, critics, indies and AAA developers."
Here is The CRPG Book Project (Sharing the History of Computer Role-Playing Games) webpage crpgbook.wordpress.com
And here you can download for free, CRPG BOOK.
Looking through this book, so many wonderful memories woke up in me. Great times.
Over 1 million video views on game-maps.com youtube channel
January 16, 2018
I am very pleasantly surprised that despite the fact that I am not a beautiful model or a well-known TV host, you have opened over 1 million videos on the game-maps.com channel on YouTube
Thank you very much and I promise more video in the future, now we are waiting for new cool games.
What on game-maps.com in 2018
January 11, 2018
To finish the 2017 year, I need to finish the maps for ELEX. I am on the right track to finish it soon.
The year 2018 promises to be quite good in terms of video games. Not all my plans will be implemented, but I will choose what will be the most interesting to make new guides and maps.
This is what I expect in 2018:
Ashes of Creation
- Game genre and platforms: MMORPG (with an emphasis on shaping the world) for PC
- Official release date: 2020, but permanent and constantly working game world should be ready late 2018
- My guess release date: I hope for a playable version of Alpha at the end of 2018
- My expectations: I am very very positive about this game.
- What on game-maps.com: I would like to make a full description of this game for both beginners and advanced players, with maps of permanent world if it will be possible. This is a project for several years.
- More info: https://game-maps.com/AoC/Ashes-of-Creation-Game-Guide.asp
Pantheon: Rise of the Fallen
- Game genre and platforms: Clasic hard-core style MMORPG in a modern version for PC
- Official release date: Q2 2018
- My guess release date: I expect that with a bit of luck playable version will be available at the end of 2018, it seems more likely 2019
- My expectations: I really believe in the return of the classic MMORPG, it will not be as popular as WoW, but I am counting on great fun.
- What on game-maps.com: Maps, game guides and some lore.
- More info: https://pantheonmmo.com/
Pillars of Eternity II: Deadfire
- Game genre and platforms: single player RPG, PC (Windows, Linux) and Macintosh
- Official release date: 2018
- My guess release date: It should be on time, end of the year.
- My expectations: Quite large, solid RPG game in a vast world and story.
- What on game-maps.com: Complete game guide with maps
- More info: https://eternity.obsidian.net/
- Game genre and platforms: Single player RPG, action dungeon crawler for PC (Windows and Linux)
- Official release date: End of 2018
- My guess release date: I am not sure they will be able to finish it this year, but let's be in good spirits
- My expectations: Medium to large. It is the grandson of Ultima Underworld, my favorite game from old times
- What on game-maps.com: Complete map of the underground
- More info: https://www.underworldascendant.com/
The Bard's Tale IV
- Game genre and platforms: Single player RPG, action dungeon crawler for PC
- Official release date: End of 2018
- My guess release date: They have been working on this game for some time, late 2018 seems like a good approximation
- My expectations: Medium to high
- What on game-maps.com: I would love to make maps for this game because I feel great sentiment towards the precursor.
- More info: https://bardstale.inxile-entertainment.com/
Kingdom Come: Deliverance
- Game genre and platforms: Single player action RPG for PC, PS4, XONE
- Official release date: Q1 2018
- My guess release date: It should be on time.
- My expectations: Moderate. After a short session in the beta, I admit that the game looks nice, but I have big concerns about the excessive realism of the game. I will give her a second chance.
- What on game-maps.com: World map and maybe some tips.
- More info: https://www.kingdomcomerpg.com/
Wild West Online
- Game genre and platforms: Wild West-themed action MMO for PC
- Official release date: late 2018
- My guess release date: I hope it will be ready in 2018 but it is not for sure, now its playable Alpha.
- My expectations: Moderate. I played a moment, the game has potential, it's pretty, but the amount of work to do to make it a good MMO is gigantic. I will be watching the progress in the work on this game.
- What on game-maps.com: Maps and small game guide.
- More info: https://www.playwwo.com/
- Game genre and platforms: Civilization Building Sci-Fi MMORPG for PC
- Official release date: 2018
- My guess release date: We will see ...
- My expectations: Unspecified, it can be a very nice game, it can be a poor game, or it will not finish it at all
- What on game-maps.com: Some guides.
- More info: http://www.dualthegame.com/en/
- Game genre and platforms: MMORPG for PC (like classic Dark Age of Camelot)
- Official release date: Unknown
- My guess release date: I bet on the premiere of a playable version in 2018, if they do not keep it, no one will remember this game anymore
- My expectations: High, nice grand scale PvP experience
- What on game-maps.com: guides and tips
- More info: http://camelotunchained.com/v3/
The other games I'm interested in in 2018:
- Revelation Online
- Ascent: Infinite Realm (A:IR)
- Maybe I will play also World of Warcraft Classic if it appears in 2008.
What should 2018 bring and what it will not bring:
- World of Warcraft 2 - this game is not real, and let them be damned for it
- Dragon Age 4 - this game is real, but we should not expect it before the end of 2019 (yeah!)
- The Elder Scrolls VI - it will be a long waiting
- Cyberpunk 2077 - do not expect this game sooner than at the end of 2019, but it will be a fun game.
Ashes of Creation overview
December 06, 2017
Waiting for release of Ashes of Creation here is some AoC Overview. I would like it to be a MMO game that I've been waiting for years. For now, I hope it will.
Legendary Weapons for Elex
November 27, 2017
Map with location of Legendary Weapons in ELEX
Updates for Tavar
November 26, 2017
This time heavy update on Tavar Maps for Elex. The Fort still need more work.
Abessa Maps updates for Elex
November 12, 2017
Elex Weapons has been supplemented with new entries thanks to the information you have sent.
Guild of Thieves in Elex
November 6, 2017
How to join The Claws - ELEX Guild of Thieves.
Domed City Map for ELEX
November 2, 2017
Quests, NPCs and choices for Domed City. Lot of questing and consequences.
ELEX - update.
October 29, 2017
New Elex Game Update is available, see upgrade description
ELEX - Origin, Central Abessa, Weapons update.
October 21, 2017
Here comes ELEX RPG, let's enjoy while we have time :)
October 17, 2017
Elex is developed by Piranha Bytes (creators of the award winning Gothic series) and published by THQ Nordic an action role-playing, open world, single player, video game for PC, PlayStation 4 and Xbox One, set in a brand new, post-apocalyptic, science-fantasy universe where magic meets technology.
ELEX is not an easy game. Therefore before you start to die in ELEX, I invite you to read: Tips and Tricks with general advices, Character Creation to understand the basics of your hero and Safe Zones to live forever.
First part of ELEX Maps & Walkthrough is available.
ELEX is very popular in Germany, in the end it is a German game. So Guten Tag to German players, I am very sorry that I do not know your beautiful language (I do not really know English either :), but I hope that graphical maps will help you to play ELEX in German language version.
Idle Heroes - nice mobile MMO.
September 11, 2017
This summer I spent with a mobile device and Idle Heroes game. The game is very addictive and extensive. I have prepared a simple beginner's guide if you are interested.
Idle Heroes simple game guide for beginners. I wish you lots of fun.
Old game maps drawn from my file backup
July 12, 2017
Today there will be the message from a time machine and more specifically from my old file backups.
First of all, I discovered that I made a lot of over 1000 game maps in my life. Secondly, something nostalgically grabbed my throat at the thought that computer games over a dozen years ago were so cool.
A little reminiscence at My Old Game Maps.
Vvardenfell Map Update for Elder Scrolls Online
June 28, 2017
New version of Vvardenfell Map with bug fixes and Treasure Map Locations.
Divinity: Original Sin 2 - next planed game guide.
une 26, 2017
If nothing terrible happens, next game guide will be Atlas of Maps for Divinity: Original Sin 2. You should expect first part of the walkthrough in mid-September before the release date of the game.
Divinity: Original Sin 2 is nice RPG with turn-based combat, cooperative/competitive multiplayer; sequel to Divinity: Original Sin.
Ashes of Creation New MMORPG
May 26, 2017
Once such a great, now stagnant MMORPG genre has the chance to return to our graces again. I would like to encourage you to look at the new production of this genre, Ashes of Creation.
See the video Ashes of Creation New MMORPG. And what, do these people do not sound convincing? I already love this game.
It is worth mentioning that the Kickstarter money-gathering campaign is only an addition to the greater funding that Intrepid Studios already has. The planned launch of this game is 2018/2019.
Morrowind, Vvardenfell and Lost Library of Andule for ESO
May 25, 2017
Vvardenfell zone map for The Elder Scrolls Online: Morrowind. Vivec City. Delves, World Bosses, Quest Hubs and Skyshards in Vvardenfell. Surrounded by the Inner Sea, the sprawling volcanic island of Vvardenfell dominates northern Morrowind. Looming over this strange land is the ominous, ever-smoldering peak of Red Mountain.
Walkthrough for Lost Library of Andule nice quest in The Elder Scrolls Online: Morrowind. You have to collect 30 Ancestral Tomb Rubbing to discover location of Lost Library in Vvardenfell.
Full Quest List for Mass Effect Andromeda
May 9, 2017
I have prepared a full list (hopefully) of Priority Ops, Allies and Relationships Missions, Heleus Assignments and Additional Tasks. With info where to start Mission and required conditions to start it. Andromeda Quests
If you find any mistake or inaccuracy in the missions list or worse yet some quest has been dropped, add your note in the comments below this list. Thank you.
Mass Effect Andromeda New Maps
May 6, 2017
Mass Effect Andromeda Update
May 1, 2017
Full map of Elaaden is almost ready.
Eos West for Mass Effect: Andromeda
April 22, 2017
New map of Eos West is up. Also other Eos maps have been improved.
Kadara for Mass Effect: Andromeda
April 17, 2017
Voeld for Mass Effect: Andromeda
April 08, 2017
Map of Voeld is ready in 95%. Please use [CTRL] + [F5] to clear cache on PC to view new version. I'm flying to the next planet.
Mass Effect: Andromeda
March 29, 2017
I have a lot of fun playing ME:A. Every single day I have a stronger impression that this is a great game.
Mass Effect: Andromeda is coming.
March 15, 2017
Mass Effect: Andromeda will be launching in North America on Tuesday, March 21, 2017 and in Europe Thursday, March 23, 2017.
It is great news. I was waiting for this game for a long time and I am very happy that finally I can play it. I would like to make atlas with maps for ME:A similar to that I made for DA:I. Unfortunately, I have put off for a month to complete Torment: Tides of Numenera Walkthrough, but nothing is lost I will come back to this game later.
I wish you all great fun with Andromeda.
ESO & Torment | Numenera
March 5, 2017
Player Housing Locations marked on maps for Elder Scrolls Online
Daughter's Fathom, Sticha Lair, Buried Crossroads Locations and updates for other maps for Torment | Numenera.
Torment | Numenera
February 28, 2017
It's a happy time for RPG players. Torment: Tides of Numenera today has its premiere. The plot of the game is extremely multi-threaded, quests have several possible endings, the environment is changing with the passing of time. Instead of killing, you can solve most of the situation using the cunning and intelligence. RPG lovers will find in Numenera a lot of great fun.
Walkthrough for this game is finished now at one-third. https://game-maps.com/TToN/Torment-Tides-of-Numenera.asp.
Feel free to comment this guide and add your hints.
Updates for Dragon Age: Inquisition
February 7, 2017
Dragon Age: Inquisition Walkthrough, Game Guide & Maps site update. Fixed display problems on mobile devices. DA:I is still the same great game as it was at the time of its launch. Really very good memories of this great adventure.
Wrothgar, Gold Coast, Hew's Bane and Craglorn Maps for Elder Scrolls Online
February 2, 2017
I changed the layout of the site to make it more friendly for mobile users.
Who is Who in Tyranny
November 1, 2016
Here are the little Who is Who for the upcoming video game Tyranny. Will be a lot of fun with this game.
Road to Freedom Quest for Fallout 4
Sunday, December 13, 2015
Very cool quest in Fallout 4 with historical ground, especially for people who have visited Boston in real life. Road to Freedom Quest Walkthrough.
South Boston Region Map for Fallout 4
Tuesday, December 1, 2015
All magazines are marked on South Boston Region Map.
New Maps for Fallout 4
Friday, November 27, 2015
Salem Region Map for Fallout 4
Saturday, November 21, 2015
Fallout 4 Guide: Salem Region Map is up. But remember that these are locations for 40+ lvl.
Concord, Medford and Weston for Fallout 4
Friday, November 20, 2015
As of today Fallout 4 Guide covers almost 100% of the Concord, Medford and Weston regions, besides some quest specific locations.
At this point of time there are 58 Video Walkthroughs about location of Bobbleheads and Magazines. Not all are ready, but I am working on it.
Fallout 4 is much better and much bigger than it looks at first glance.
First steps in Fallout 4 Guide
Tuesday, November 11, 2015
I started the Fallout 4 Maps Walkthrough & Game Guide today.
Give me a moment to get acquainted with Fallout 4 and delve into the world of the game in order to make my maps most helpful.
Then, for the next two weeks, you may expect continued daily updates. Hope you all have great fun playing such a breath-taking video game as Fallout 4.
First step in Fallout 4: Uncovered World Map for Fallout 4.
Sword Coast Legends Mini Game Guide
Wednesday, October 7, 2015
This is a small tutorial, game guide for the video game Sword Coast Legends focusing on issues of character creation our heroes. Compiled information on Character Classes, Character Races, Heroes Background Stories and accompanying bonuses, Character Attributes, Alignments and available Deities.
Dear friends and gamers
Friday, July 31, 2015
I am very grateful for all the emails with appreciation you have sent to game-maps.com.
When writing every game walkthrough on this site and creating every single map, I did so with great pleasure and satisfaction.
I am very happy to be able to accompany you on your adventures through the maps and guides I prepare.
But there is one thing I must clarify. Game-maps.com is a website I run alone, outside of working hours. You have to remember I am simultaneously working full time on other websites and have a lovely wife and two daughters. Therefore, after coming home from work and spending some time with my family, very little time remains to cover every detail of such extensive games like The Witcher of Pillars of Eternity. I do what I can to complete each and every guide I have started, but when deciding which one should have priority I track your activity on the website. Your interests are the key factor upon which I determine which guide should proceed to describing advanced stages of the game.
When a guide for game's early stages is very popular and later I see a decline in your interests as the story progresses, I assume I can leave the maps temporarily unfinished because most of you found the game easier than expected or you adapt faster than expected.
I am sorry that the guides to The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt and Pillars of Eternity have yet to be finished. I casually assumed you will be all right on your own for a while.
However, since I have received so many emails asking for help with the abovementioned games, your friend Longwinter won't leave you at the mercy of monsters.
I also happen to be a co-owner of gamepressure.com and that's where you can find detailed walkthroughs for those games.
There may not be as good as the ones made by me, but they are good nevertheless :)
In the future, I plan to take a look at Sword Coast Legends, after it comes out on September 8, 2015. If you let me know a walkthrough is needed, I can prepare one in September, maybe October.
November and the rest of 2015 will, of course, be dedicated to Fallout 4 and I'm already gathering the materials needed to prepare a good walkthrough and maps.
Good luck guys.